11 November 2006

tim gunn and the bus

yesterday started out to be total fucking crap. moody. hungry. lonely. sleepy. not happy with other people. blech blech blech. whine whine complain complain.

remember how we all thought i wouldn't meet any more celebrities at work since we moved to seattle? well, HA! first off, the author of the darwin awards books came in to sign a bunch of copies and got to see me in the middle of my moods. and the computers were freezing. and my head was up my butt. and we couldn't find her books. things were going oh so well. really, she was full of good humor and found it all very funny. she even gave some oversized postcards with individual darwin awards printed on them to brighten my day. big ups to wendy northcutt.

right before lunch there was a surprise at work. rumor had it that "the guy from project runway... does anyone here watch that show?" was in the store. EEE! let's all say it together now - EEEEEEEE!!! trying to be cool about it, i went to hunt him down covertly and found that he was standing right in my path to the break room, so i asked if he needed any help before doing that whole "aren't you him" thing. then the gushing began, peppered with some coherent conversation. we chatted for a few minutes about the show and mary (and how she has no bravo channel in NC - he was appalled at hearing that) and his event that night. he told me to tell mary thank you for saying nice things about him and blushed accordingly. he mentioned that he loved coming to seattle and asked me how i liked the recent move and about how different it was from oklahoma. then we bagged on los crapeles together in snickering tones before i said how nice it was to meet him and excused myself to go have lunch.

the best part of it? look for another infamous celebrity-chance-meeting humdinger here. (hey, i think i've improved vastly in this department since those other... shal we say, debacles of indignity) in the middle of our chatting, we shook hands and it went something like this:

me - by the way hi, i'm george.
tg - and hello i'm tim.
me - well duh, i knew that already.
tg - oh. (giggle)

i heart tim gunn. i even stopped by macy's after work to be a part of the hubbub. though we didn't get to have another exchange, the store did have all the winning challenge pieces on display where i could see them up close and personal from about three feet away. neat-o stuff indeed.

another milestone of the week was my conquering of the bus. not the whole system, but at least the one i can take to get home. nothing crazy yet, but i do know now where the free ride zone starts. this is key when you only feel like walking halfway to downtown and you're running a few minutes late. hooray for the free ride area! i'll be working on transfers and cross town transit next. see, i told you i could do it. and i didn't even see any bloody people on the bus.

i may not be able to move any mountain, but those molehills aren't so bad.

8 comments:

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

You met effin TIM GUNN?!?!?!?

This feeling I have... its..how do I say..ah, yes, JEALOUSLY.

And you didn't even mention your other PR lovefan friend, Tanya.

I am, however, very proud of you for not going all gaga weird (see: Eddie Izzard). It means you're growing up! Or, just more jaded to Celebrity.

Also, I've heard that Tim Gunn is just as awesome in person as he is on the TeeVee.

I'm very happy for you, anyway. Jealous, of course, but happy.sa

Zhenia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zhenia said...

EEEEE! Tim mutha-effin' Gunn!

The bus is a piece-a-cake once you figure it out.

georgeious said...

forgive me tanya, for i had forgotten for a second that you were one of us PR nutballs. and for just another second i was wondering if effin was the name of some celebrity's new baby. then zhen used it again and i got it.

what am i without my fucking dirty mouth?

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

I forgive you.

I've taken to using effin instead of fucking for many a things online lately. Also, in my speaking. I'm trying to enlarge my goddamned cursing repertoire. or something. Plus, effin is easier on the ears of mixed company, but everyone knows what it means. Its so silly.

Zhenia said...

My parents read my blog, so I've taken to using "effin'" in print, although I really do swear like a sailor. My parent's did swear in front of me until I was in highschool. My dad let "shit" slide out. I was shocked.

Can I use French swear words? They're super fun for a protestant like me because they're all church words. I'm serious. "Host" is a swear word. So is "chalice" and "sin." My favourite, though, is "tabernacle," which is pronounced "tabernac." So awesome.

You know I fuckin' adore you, don't you?

Zhenia said...

Uh, "my parents didn't swear in front of me..." Geesuz, I can no longer form the plural or negative correctly.

georgeious said...

you peeps are great. i'm such a bad influence on your already potty mouths.

effin will be the name of my next pet, especially if it's a bovine animal.