16 November 2006

it's a world gone mad

so when i signed on to my google page this morning it had some crazy generic "DUHHHHH HICKEY" style top headlines from cnn.com:
deadly tornado rips up trailer park
detroit gunman on run after deadly shooting spree
democrats to settle leadership feud

for some reason this made me laugh. it was like playing hey kids let's state the fucking obvious. (not bagging on detroit or anything - a shooter in any city would be on the run) is this what the news has been reduced to in our modern ultracommunicative world? are we just recycling headlines because we're too lazy to see what's going on out there? isn't it supposed to be NEWs? personally, i think we've all hopped a train car and we're riding the rails to crazytown, hobo style.

not that i have any clue what the heck is going on, but i do try with my limited resources to investigate here and there. if this is all it takes to be an editor in journalism then sign me up. the workload seems right and the lack of content hints to me that the hours are totally sweet.

do i get vacation time and dental with that???

1 comment:

Mary said...

Won't you take me to ...
CrazyToooown?!