12 December 2006

on having manners

at some point, you simply must watch the fairly remedial movie "blast from the past" with alicia silverstone and brendan fraser. why would someone make you watch this drivel? because it holds the true secrets of etiquette. it can tell you what it means to be a lady or a gentleman. it will remind you all about good manners.

darlings, do yourself a favor one day when you're snowed in, playing hookey, or just puttering around the house updating your netflix. get it and indulge. hey, if nothing else, it's got christopher walken and dave foley. does that help?


a few people i lurrrved as a kid:
joan jett
kurt vonnegut
sting
eleanor roosevelt
e.e. cummings

3 comments:

lizgwiz said...

I love Blast from the Past. Sissy Spacek as an repressed, alcoholic housewife--too fun.

Bonnie Rae said...

What I wouldn't give for a day of " hookey " ! Until then, I'll keep it in mind ...

Also, I STILL love e.e. cummings *

georgeious said...

damn, i forgot to mention sissy as a major bribe to watch the movie! i'm glad you reminded me of that. see? liz endorses my movie choice. much love to you, my chicken.

i do also still love e.e. cummings... and all of the other people an my list, even if sting is going off the deep end these days.