05 December 2006

better working conditions

tomorrow is my last day to go to work super early. not the last day ever, but after several days in a row i will get some reprieve. i can stay up later without dragging regret and stop randomly passing out in the evenings for unintended naps. this is good because i didn't really want to look for a new job. so far i'm enjoying my job, even if it is peasant's work. it would be a shame to be run off by my alarm clock.

this leads me to wonder where my career path is going. you know what i've figured out so far? I HAVE NO IDEA. bet you feel better now. you don't know what you're going to be when you grow up either. if you do, then you su-hu-hu-hucccckkk. if you have some vague ideas about possibilities for what you might like to try along the way, then my oh my you are feeling my vibe bigtime, baby. so let's all shout it out loud together:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH ME? WHAT IN THE FRICKETY FRACK AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOOOOOOO WITH MY LIFE?!?!? sheesh, damn, dagnabbit. garble garble garble...

pffft - something will come along, right? until then i'll just hang out and be a goofball. i'll seek inspiration from whatever. my new "unruly" shirt (see, it says unruly on the front in english and shorthand, so it's an unruly shirt) is a prime example. we went to the crafty dorkorama festival of thingies and stuff this weekend with bonnie and kelly. among the various things that i could probably make with a little effort but don't really feel like at this very moment, i also got some ideas on what it is that i really like. or what i might like at some point. or maybe just neat-o stuff that made me smile. in any case, it was a breath of fresh air and oodles of fun. i'll have to keep my eyes peeled for more neat-o-ness.

you never know what's looking for you.

3 comments:

lizgwiz said...

Wait a minute...am I SUPPOSED to know what I'm doing with my life? My whole life, not just the next month or so? What a depressing thought.

georgeious said...

holy hell, i didn't mean you actually had to COMMIT to something for the rest of your life. i can't even commit to buying more than one avocado at a time. who plans that far ahead?

how about the next month then? i can figure out what to do for work over the next month for now. after that it's hard to make any promises short of liking my new "insured" status. oh how i am a slave to vanity.

lizgwiz said...

Only a fool would buy more than one avocado at a time. They can can turn on you so quickly! I can't handle the pressure.