23 February 2007

random side notes - chapter ten

wowee, look at this - blogging and the streetlights aren't even on yet. it's not the wee hours, and i'm not way high on orange and green gel pills. there is even a twitch of sun in these here partly cloudy skies. as i come out of my drug-filled haze, though still snotty in literal and figurative ways, i can finally sit upright and stay awake for more than a few hours at a time. funny how feeling less sick is sort of like feeling really damn great. but i'm still on the new sofa anyway, hogging it for as long as derek will let me.

so, over the last couple weeks my cable modem has been angry. who made it angry? it's hard to say, but we can safely point fingers away from this house. between the shoddy equipment up here, the lackadaisical people derek gets on the phone when he calls to bitch, and the clouds floating around in swarms, its anyone's guess. oh please oh please, my beloved modem, please accept my cyber-love and get back to normal.

because i have to read up on my peeps! due to some glitch in my modem, i thought liz had stopped posting for about a week or so. considering her diligence over the past several months, i was aghast (not at the la quinta, surely!) to see her lack of reminiscing and quipology. just for safe measure i had to check up on zhen and bonnie and everyone else to comfirm that, yes, my connection has PMS. and you thought this city was alive with wiredness. bwah, i say.

but this segues - get it, liz? - to my next point. ya know, for a random chapter, this certainly is working out to have a serendipitous rhythm. this tech-ridden city makes me think of someone i ran into who works for microsoft. rather, as i was doing a search at work someone said to me, "is your name george? really? we did some plays together back in tulsa." i looked up and saw... leigh ann! remember our little truck stop/blue jay from "vital signs" back at heller? she and her boyfriend moved out here about a year ago, and she recognized me. wow! i've been spotted by people from tulsa in both los crapeles and seattle within a year. it's spooky and gratifying and hilarious. i suppose this makes me a memorable sort. or, as jenny has put it so lovingly in the past, "oh you would KNOW if you had met HER."

she's right. you would know. i might possibly bite you just to make sure you didn't forget. it's part of my charm. uttering words like vagina or kerplunkety or motherfucker also tend to grab the ear and make an impression. the spontaneous monkey noises and eee squeals will remind you of me, too. so i don't mean to be a weirdo or anything. i just have impulse control issues. they make me... do stuff.

they give me inspiration as well. in the spirit of random, rhiannon and i had a massive trading of the crappe. we were on the phone with each other while going through our treasured piles of so-called junk when she noted that she was out of staples. buying a whole box of staples is impractical for normal people. you can take a lifetime going through just one row, so i dug out some extra staples to send her in the mail - and thus the trading of the crappe began. she made off with a handy screwdriver the size of a pen, i have sequins and pipe cleaners galore. i swear, next time i need some artistic inspiration, i'll go through my junk drawers and call all my friends to see who might need chococat thumbtacks.

ahhh, so now it's time for more sofa hogging and (finally, after drinking tea most of this week) a nice warm pot of coffee. get outta my way, kitties.

someone i don't know if i love or hate:
sarah silverman - funny or boring?

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

Of course I remember Leigh Ann. She was also our stage manager for "70 Scenes of Halloween," a.k.a. "the most boring show in recent memory." Thanks, Michael Smith. What a small world.

Or maybe it's just Seattle. When I visited there years ago, and went on a quest for my first tattoo, the tattoo artist turned out to have family in Tahlequah.

georgeious said...

it's a talent - i can find people i know (or at least by kevin bacon degrees) in just about any city. or, even better, i can meet someone in a new city and then manage to run into them again within a few days. voila!

ahhh, seventy scenes. i still feel bad for you people about that chicken, even if i did think it was fucking hilarious.