01 June 2006

itch itch itch

they lied to me. it's not beautiful here.

my skin is going to fall off, which might be the best solution at this point. it's still giving me a twitch. my body is completely rejecting all the smog and general "hey, what's that shit?" in the air. even though the shower head is now an irrelevant controversy, i think i'll go back to scrubbing off the first seventy epidermal layers of skin to get clean. damnit. i really do feel clean right after i wash, but it slowly turns to itchfest as the minutes tick by. how sad a sight it is, like a fleabitten kittie kat. perhaps it's some manifestation of a gloriously latent case of obsessive-compulsive disorder. it's not a handwashing, door locking variety; more of a fidget and wiggle type. if this is the case, i could just say to people, "it's not me, it's my disorder," and and jab my fingers into my eye with poise.

as we all know, the more you think about not scratching, the more you itch. also, the more you itch, the more you can't think about anything else but scratching. in an odd confluence of happenstance, the more you scratch, the more you itch in all new places and the cycle goes back to the beginning. it's a safe bet that you're scratching yourself right now just thinking about trying not to be itchy. go ahead - reach on back/up/in there and go for it. feel better?

allegedly successful cures can run from bad to idiotic. yes, i did spend a week slapping my own skin after i got those tattoos. turns out i hit pretty damn hard and i know how to leave a mark. they make all sorts of creams and sprays, too. they cost a lot, they make me feel slimy, they don't work anyway. my best remedy so far is to just abandon all hope at peace, jumping into a fucking icy cold shower. not only do i cease itching, but i also cease breathing or operating any other bodily function. see, it's also a good way to stop that pesky whap-whap-whapping of the mind. your only thought in that instance is "errryyahhhharrggyyywwhrrrrwhhoaaawooof!" you get the idea. clarity comes to you. the body is in shocked paralysis. it's a fabulous noise.

ahhhh... let's all head for the showers.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I had to stop reading this half-way through the second paragraph because it was making me itchy. Fuck you, george!!!

Tee hee :)

Zhenia said...

I read this and thought of you. Even though it did take place in Southern California, it could've happened here.

georgeious said...

i posted on that blog, because no they understand the idea of people feeling too damn entitled out here. fucking freaks.

itch itch itch...