06 June 2006

melancholy, baby

it was a bad day. the body has a way of telling you when you feel down, and my body has been doing all sorts of jabbering. chattering away with messages of headaches, skin problems, exhaustion, and general ickiness. i finally just passed out (fully clothed) before i could even carry out my plans to go and buy some new pants. maybe i just have an aversion to buying new clothes, but the next thing i knew, i was totally out of it. a few hours later, i woke up just long enough to take off my shoes and place them gently next to my own head. was i cuddling with my shoes in my melancholy? i even missed a call from scott, damnit. in the end, i was too poopy to do much of anything.

the best middle of the night dinner for when you're feeling blue:
two slices of american cheese, v8 juice with hp sauce mixed in, a few pieces of pepperoni, handful of raisins, half a chick-o-stick. does this count as a balanced meal? i think so.

you'd think that indigestion would be added to my body's vocal dissertation on why i'm a little miss fussypants, but i'm actually starting to feel better. it must be because i drank some vegetables. my shuffling around the house is back up to full speed (as fast as mild sock shuffling can go, really) so i can once again ponder the plight of being here in los angeles. oh lucky me.

it did hit me at some point today, while i was still conscious, that we've now made it through three months on our lease. only nine more months to go! in the meantime, i shall continue to engage my survival skills and look for silver linings or some stupid shit like that. i don't even care if we go back home or not. it's not all about being homesick; only part of it is that. i just plain and simple don't appreciate the idea of feeling crappy all the time. my body has spoken and it finished the conversation with an exclamation point! blech i still feel shitty. i've definitely gotta go back to bed soon and stop the insane ramblings of a snot-nosed sickly person.

but if one more fucker hands over that inane line about things being what you make of them, i'm going to do some serious head-cracking. let's see what good they can make of having my foot in their ass. only people who are A)either already comfortable in their setup or B)desperately jealous that you are not boring and they are say that things like how you get out of it what you put into it.

i've been putting my time into it - now i'd just like to get out of it, thank you very much. and fuck off while you're at it.

think i'll go finish off that chick-o-stick.

4 comments:

In The Kitchen With AUdrey said...

i never liked la either. it always made me sick. but i think this week of allergies would drive me to move to a place like la just to keep my nose from falling off.

Unknown said...

I'll second that my nose fell off last week. I'm debating whether to re-attatch it.
apparently my ovaries fell off too - though I hadn't noticesd. grr.
I'm miserable right along with you George for my own reasons. ~gen

Unknown said...

ps - will you pass that ckick-o-stick over here? right along with some cheese. I'm gorging on coffee this week trying to dry up my sinuses and gain some focus - I'm plannig a drinking binge after my next Dr. visit. I'll let you kow after if I recommend it. I enjoyed your 4 thingies list blog - things I nver knew.
I need to run out and make my life more itneresing now.

georgeious said...

does anyone in kansas have a nose left? judging from the sound of everyone's week, you two should just get together for a knitting/drinking binge after you're both done blowing out all that snot.