13 June 2006

sappy mush alert

if you've been reading you know that i've only shed tears twice since derek announced the move way back in february. close to it many times, yes, but actual blubbering is a stretch for me lately. once was a flipout about traffic and a certain lovely girl having to tell me to calm down so what if i wasn't in the holocaust and i was late to work because holocaust schmolocaust they've all had bad days in traffic since then too, ya know. (very long story - don't ask). the other was over dizzy's proposed vet bill when we first got here. so far, it would seem the only things that can make me crack are being late or broke.

until today.

mabel (aka, kim the crabby kitty) just told me about a wonderful surprise she had all planned out for me. it was designed to cheer me up right after i moved. the only problem? my po box was fucked all to hell. the project got mangled, there are still pieces out there floating in the vortex of post, and she thought all was down the shitter. how wrong she was.

she let out the story to me tonight, with all its intentions and mishaps and kinks in the plan. i burst into tears, but it was happy and grateful sniffling this time. i have never been the recipient of a mass scale random act of kindness planned out by another like this. these are people i have never met in person, sending me good wishes at a time when i feel like poopoo. add to that the mail and messages i've gotten from others that i already knew in person, and uhhhh... well... i'm just fucking stunned.

i miss my peeps, but i don't feel so alone today. tankoo berry mucho, my chickens. i can finally sleep well and content again for a night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww....if you were here I'd cheer you up with one of these:

http://obviousdiversion.com/?p=373

Zhenia said...

Well, poop. I sent you a Soviet-era tourist postcard that was obviously the photographer taking a picture of the tallest building in a pretty small town of which you've never heard in the middle of the Ural Mountains.

I'll have to find some other tackiness to send your way.

Bonnie Rae said...

Hey George ~ TODAY I got back a small box I sent you back in April. I'll keep all the postal crap on it, and send it back out next week ! I'm glad it didn't wind up in the USPS black hell-hole that is the " dead letter office ". This wasn't just any package ... it was COMPANY in a new town ;)

georgeious said...

i have been thinking about storming the dead letter office in search of my mail, if only i knew how to find it here. the LA postal system seems like a shaman's cult when it comes to handing over information.

by the way, liz, i do still have the recipe that mary sent to me for the amy sedaris cheeseball!

georgeious said...

as if by magic, i'm beginning to receive a couple of things from the secret george project. wowee!