26 April 2006

we need tacky postcards

the outgoing mail has been neglected as of late. i keep on planning to sit down with stamps and such but inspiration hasn't hit me just yet. to cure this, we're going to find some more touristy spots today. it's all practice for when the posse comes to visit and the showing around begins. we've already been to hollywood boulevard and craned our necks at the hollywood bowl. we've driven past the studios a few times and stopped into the samuel french store down the street. i think today we'll hit the beach and look for big fat weirdos and cheap pizza. holy shit, i haven't been to venice beach since i got my nose pierced as a teenager! i wonder if it smells any different.

i'm trying to have a fresh outlook on this place. most of my memories of southern california are terrible, with the exception of a drunken sanrio and tijuana weekend with kris. hello kitty mixes with vodka so well, don't ya know. it should be possible, in a logical sense, to have a good time here without being shitfaced, so i'm going to give it a whirl. oh shut up - this is as optimistic as i get for now. i have actually spoken to at least two human beings who were not giving me change at the time. i'm working on it.

perhaps my winning personality (i.e. abrasive bluntness, sardonic wit, snarly demeanor, charmingly deceptive cuteness) will be enough to weed out the total losers. i know i can be tough on people, maybe even darwinian. piss off! i know it, okay? i admitted it! that's only because my peeps are the best little freaks i know. it's a compliment, see? only the strong survive.

i'm such a pisser, but my cats love me.
(she ate from the bowl!!!)

3 comments:

Zhenia said...

Have you found anything to rival the drilling man? He is awesome! I take him out a giggle at him when I start typing bad things about the dead men about whom I'm writing in my diss. Lermontov may have been an a-hole whiny baby but my advisor doesn't really want to see me say that. And how about squirrel postcards? I love the fact that no matter where you go, you can find postcards with squirrels on them.

PS My word verification (aoaok) sounds like something a cat would say while coughing up a hairball.

georgeious said...

i will see what else i can find around here to rival the golden driller, but it's one of those things, ya know, it's just kind of hard to top. rednecks and hillbillies always have the oddest monuments to whatnot.

from what i read in your posts, lermontov sounds like a jackass! blow up that picture you have of him and use it for a dart board. then use the board to make the cover of your diss.... hehehehe

Zhenia said...

The best thing about my diss is that it houses not one jackass but TWO! I'm comparing the reception of two jackasses. The dart board idea is pretty sweet. Maybe I'll photoshop Lermontov (Russian jackass) and Macha (Czech jackass) in a nice hot homoerotic embrace for the board. H-O-T-T. Except that I like gay people. Maybe I'll just leave them all cold and heteronormative.

And since I'm writing about reception, maybe my conclusion should be my reception of les jackasses. It would be one sentence: "Enough already with the posing, boys!"

*shudder*

Cali's got its own brand of tacky. Have fun mining it.