11 April 2006

return of the stimpy

derek will be here in a few hours! EEE! after a six week stint of "being single" for each of us, i will no longer be able to hog the bed. well, not especially allowed to hog it, though i have been known to do so anyway. it's funny how all of those personal habits that you thought, you assumed, you IMAGINED had belonged to the other person in your house somehow become more apparent when that person isn't around. the other thing you notice is how messy they are. oh, it's never you, is it? it couldn't be.

random side note: i sweat like a pig when i'm vacuuming. adding to this, i'm a complete traitor to the feminist cause - i just vacuumed my own vacuum cleaner because it had stuff on it. let's not even talk about the dusting of the miniature grocery cart that i gave to my neighbor. but i digress...

living alone for this time has taught me a few things:
1. i can cook a chicken breast, and eat it, without throwing up afterwards.
2. my feet smell worse than his.
3. being in a couple does not make you an independence invalid.
4. the cats hog the bed. it really isn't me.

then again, my posse has given me so much foster care that there was less time alone than i had expected. my reputation in the kitchen called for several dinner invites and random feedings. i'm like a zoo animal! don't mess with the monkey. the monkey bites. at least no one aimed for the eye when they threw the food my way. this (almost) final night of feeding time was with scott and zoe. my rather impressive "i'll bring the bread" skills paid off in spades when he stuff me with yum yum chicken and mushroom stuff. who's gonna go to the bookstore and browse with me now?! ack.

more packing, more cleaning, more errands, more more more!!! it's almost zero hour in the house of slack.

No comments: