06 March 2006

it's nights like this...

so i was talking to my drunken friend holly last night about me posting things for her emotional benefit. boo hoo, i'm moving away from my peeps and they're miraculously going to miss my incessant blurting and babble. she inspired me to go ahead and lay it out here while she was pissed out of her gourd on cosmos because her back had gone out and she didn't have any meds to do the job. oh, silly girl.

among holly's verbal diamonds from last night:
we're all a little bit of michael jackson.
you're an artistic genius - but i say that to everyone i see. al pacino is almost a genius like you.
he told me i was beautiful and you were just getting coffee.
how can you leave me when i can't even balance my own checkbook?

now is that good fun on a saturday night or what? mind you, i took complete advantage of the situtation and tried to get her to sleep in a doghouse in the backyard ("yeah holly, why don't you just stay in the dogloo tonight so you don't bother andrey? sure you'll fit in it.") and then told her to eat food or else i would slap her in the face, so i'm sure i contributed in some way to her ramblings by encouraging things along. no no no, not encouraging the drinking, but simply the chatter.

i don't think i've laughed that hard all week. that apology phone call was so unnecessary. thanks a million, toots. and no, i did not let you crawl into the dogloo, just in case you were wondering. the last thing any of us needed was to unstick you from it in that condition.

for now, another sleepless night awaits me without derek around. he's been gone four days and i'm pining for him. ack, it is sickening, i know. the cats are trying to strong arm me into the bedroom, so i just keep telling them, "you're not the boss of me!" maybe i'd feel more energetic if i got to bed at a decent hour, eh?

1 comment:

derek said...

uh huh.... yes, dear....