26 May 2010

words i like today - chapter four

in yet another fabulous installment of lexiconical loot (are these real words, or am i just making them up?) from me to you, i present a list of words that make me happy right now.

  • satification - coined by derek, at least in my awareness of it, this word is fully expresses the meaning of both satisfied and gratification at the same time. a prime example? eating meat gives me satification. yum.
  • candelabra - a word that not only give your mouth a good feeling when you say it, but also manages to evoke graphic pictures in your head when you think about it. it's ethnic, it's victorian, it's dark, it's fun. and it even has a bra, though no one will tell me what size.
  • stuff - i just like its all-encompassing nature, okay? live with it.
  • unencumbered - it could be a salad without a particular vegetable or it could be a freewheeling state of mind. though the definition has been stated as the latter, i'm never really sure. in any case, it makes me want to fling my arms out in glee.
  • jocular - like jokey, ya know? i'm not quite sure why this one came to me. perhaps because it sounds like it could be many different things, and yet i like it anyway.
  • coagulate - ewwwww, i love it.
  • buttcrack - am i juvenile? yes i am! but you have to admit, it's a hearty word that makes you giggle like an idiot for good reason. that viscreal "uuhhtttt" in the middle goes a long way for me on entertainment value.
  • snackies - it just makes food more fun.
although i could include some perennial favorites, that would be cheating. i always like any variation having to do with the word fluffy. it's fluffy! it's fuzzy! eee! fork, spork, pork, and all other words that rhyme with those give my mouth a feeling of satification when i say them. it could be the hard sounds in them, not to mention that i like to make weird noises by randomly imitating the swedish chef from the muppet show. let's not even talk about my affinity for making weird noises, right?


the radio station in my head:
georgy girl
sort of
us
bad romance
holly loves like a hedgehog (don't ask)
dream a little dream of me
hey baby
downtown
when my ship comes in

1 comment:

Vectrexer said...

Hey There!