12 May 2010

clammier than a clammy

whether it was something i ate or the weather outside, i feel nauseated. you would think that temperatures in the 60's and 70's would make me happy, but with the humidity in the bazillion percent, it feels more like i'm getting cheated, damnit. add to that the hurricane-grade wind we've been getting this week and i look a hot mess. how i am expected to drink my daily regiman of coffee in conditions like these is beyond me. me feel swollen. ugh.

dave and mark were here visiting from kansas city a few weeks ago. it would seem that i've slowly become dave's very lazy stalker. over the past twenty years, i've lived in his old apartment, had my shop just around the corner from where his shop was with the same general theme, and even bought his used george foreman from the thrift store. (yes, the one i got not so long ago!) to top it all off, i recently went to a furniture store and picked out his flamingo desk. in finding out about yet another hilarious coincidence in our parallel lives, he touched base with the owner and i got it for half price. eee! i see now that a gentle form of stalking can pay off in the end.

so now that i have a new flamingo desk, which derek graciously tolerates, i'm ready for some more changes. the desk with my computer got rearranged, we sold the ikea sofa, and we're getting a new bed. my redecorating ire is all fuzzed up and ready to light a match. hooray for holly - she's ready to do another garage sale with me! with the new bed will come new sheets. with the new random other stuff will be another purging of the old stuff. with the new fake diploma that i already lost somewhere in the house will come... something, i guess. oh, and after much thought we've decided to get derek a car of his own. ironically, it will be the same make and model as mine. it's not that way by design, but by luck of the draw and timing. yes, we'll have matching phone numbers and matching cars now. are you throwing up yet?

in theatre news, we have a show opening this week! vee is coming in for the occasion and i get to wear sassy pigtails all over my head for the production. julie has given us a tremendous amount of latitude in coming up with ways to be bizarre gods, so i'm trying my best not to make that many faces when we get notes. unfortunately, i do it without even realizing it, even when i totally agree with the criticism. whoops. but so long as i make the changes i can hope that she won't wrinkle her nose back at me. after all, i get to wear holey sneakers and sing as loud as possible with the utmost off key fervor. nothing to complain about here.

my writing goals were spotty for a couple of weeks, but i'm forcing myself to stay relatively on track. it's getting easier every day just to sit down and do it. some days i stick to the blog or my paper journal. some days i draw and then write about what i see. some days i remember to write postcards or letters. it began as five minutes a day, but i've slowly pushed my goal towards fifteen, which really isn't as much as you would think. eventually i would like to get to at least one hour at a time, but what if i run out of stuff to say? oh wait. this is me we're talking about here. that's not likely to happen. besides, i can always switch between letters and whatnot.

but today is a lazy day. i don't feel like getting much of anything done. even the pile of research next to me that awaits a blaze of glory isn't holding my attention. hmmm, sounds like the perfect time for a purge. when i don't feel any attachment to my stuff, that's the best time to get rid of things. feng shui attack!


how to make friends:
1. find someone you want to be your friend.
2. literally ask them "will you be my friend?"
3. wait for strange reaction and proceed.

No comments: