14 May 2010

random side notes - chapter twenty six

stuart copeland is getting to where he can only go so long without having me next to his side. his new codependence is really cute until i'm trying to use my keyboard and he wiggles around on the desk in a floppity way. oh, and i pretty much can't read anything without his approval. if only i had thought to use this as my best excuse when i was still working on my capstone. the wonder kitty is currently attempting to click my mouse with his fuzz-butt and has head head buried face first in my recent shopping confirmation from target. (ten dollar sheet set for the new bed - woohoo!) and they say that cats aren't as smart as we are. pffft. that's a keen way to spend the morning, if you ask me.

to celebrate the running of the 5k last week, i got kris a new cookbook to use with the girls. who could resist something called "cute yummy time" for a busy mom? i'm hoping that kris and audrey will make me some cute food next time they run through town. the chai muffins that looked like lambs and the singing crab bagel were some of my favorites.

it's time to make the donuts. looking forward, i may have a few job prospects that would make this whole college thing seem worth my money. while i was talking to julie about it, i mentioned that the high i was supposed to get after graduation has a possibility of kicking in if i can get a job related to my studies. the way things are anymore, using a degree for something more than a promotion at a call center is something fortunate. if i can manage to make something more out of mine it would be a lift. no details yet, and i'm totally superstitious about everything in the realm of working, so i'll fill you in when and if anything spick-tacular begins to happen for me.

i've gotten three pieces of mail from tara in the last week alone! like real mail, in the post and everything! i can't wait to check the mail each day. this is why i'm so hooked on postcards. when you've had a long day and you just wanna come home to blob out, it's a pleasant surprise to be welcomed back by a greeting from a friend. i simply must return the favor for her.

this is dummmm, but i love it: finally found somewhere to recycle my number five plastics. it always made me feel ironic to buy organic yogurt and then end up pitching the containers. it must be part of my green seizures thing. who the hell is this person and what have they done with the real george? thank goodness i'm still a smoker. there's only so far i can go into the good living whatnot before i start wearing hippie patchouli and find jesus behind the couch. save me from myself! personally, i blame megan and sparrowe - not to mention micheal pollan - but at least my moodiness is getting offset by the eating of real food... and medications. now i can defer the green seizure guilt a bit more by eating my yogurt in peace. if you've been looking for this like i have, go to whole foods and look for the bucket at the front of the store.

as i write more often, i'm beginning to fall in love with my own handwriting. it's got just enough flow to make me feel like an artist again. it's legible without being stuffy. it's like this quirky cool scribble. maybe i should get it analyzed someday to see if i'm some sort of a crazy person. there could be something to that whole seeing your personality through your penmanship stuff. when i look at a page with my own script, i totally see myself in it. and i've gone back to the use of a pencil for my scribbles. it's such a satisfying noise, like the tapping of the keyboard when i'm on the computer. the scratch of the pencil gives me a connected sense that i'm putting something out there even when it's just a to-do list. but that's enough dorkalicious mystical self-contemplation for one day. just try it and see. tell me what you think.

he's still head first in the papers. hehehehehe.

wow, it's really time to clean up my desk. i'm looking around and see that the paper demon is rearing its head. that's not even counting all the random shit i've pitched over here. what the heck is all this stuff anyway? graduation postcard, bits of mail, my special sticker box, the polaroid camera, books strewn about, stuart copeland, loads of sharpies, chinese fortunes, a plastic egg, headphones, the french review program i bought, bracelets, rolls of tape, extra lip balm. it's a jungle in here, i tell you! this sounds like an impending job for the middle of a sleepless night.


my reading list right now:
29 gifts
why i am a buddhist
entertainment weekly
grimmer tales
spooky little girl

3 comments:

lizgwiz said...

Awww..Stuart Copeland loves his mommy. Remember when he was a pitiful, homeless wretch?

I can only write with a pencil if it is perfectly sharpened. When it starts to get dull, it makes me nuts. And those mechanical pencils are too wimpy. I'm always snapping the leads, and I don't even press down all that hard.

Vectrexer said...

Were you content today?

Unknown said...

liz - oh yeah, i snap the leads all the time regardless of the pencil, as i do push down. and yet, i love them.

stuart is so fat now!

chris - content? have you met me? that is highly unlikely.