03 April 2007

random side notes - chapter ELEVEN!

it's always funny to say "this one goes to eleven" when you get to eleven. if you don't get that, i'm not going to tell you. have someone else explain it.

we are theeeeeesss close to wrangling tanya into our north carolina slumber party. who could resist eating f-u-d with holly and mary, right? maybe if we're lucky we can convince her to bring along some of her splendid baked goods for the weekend. i will personally volunteer to sleep on the sofa while she's in town with us. what i won't do for a cookie.

hearing about zhen spending some time alone makes me reflect. how was i different while living without derek? right away i can remember using fewer dishes; just washing things up and using the same bowl over and over. shoes got left in a glorious smattering all about. let's not forget the joys of being a complete bed hog. i got to be very particular about my little piles of stuff. other than that, it wasn't so odd as i would have expected. we talked each day, and i was so busy with a show and packing and cleaning and bonding with people that the time whizzed past pretty quickly. hmmm, maybe he doesn't bug me that much after all.

speaking of wondering... i'm just wondering how things are with liz's show. i really should call jenny, too. i'm terrible on the phone. it's easier for me to write a scribble than to be on the phone for very long. after about ten minutes my ear feels funky and i can't concentrate on the conversation. blah blah blah, that's the best i can do.

is it just my house, or do people just find it fashionable to park in someone's fucking driveway like it's okay? what. the. fuck??! i have only lived in three homes in the past ten years, and they've all had one thing in common - people like to park sideways across the drive to block me in when i need to get to work. fucking fuckers. who has time to stop and get someone towed when they're on their way to work? next time i'll just whip out a baseball bat. it's much more immediate and leaves and impression they won't soon forget. if they get freaky, i'll just blame the violence on my woman parts.

what did i do with those stamps i bought on friday? damn. i'm disorganized. when did my desk start looking like that?!? where IS my desk??!? oh. it's under the cats.

not feeling like going to work is my new hobby. once i get there it's okay, until people start pissing me off. that doesn't take long. i was considering getting fired just for fun, but i don't know what i would do with myself afterwards. nesting at home isn't so much my thing, so i usually keep a job just to get out of the house and keep myself busy. if i can get paid for having a bad attitude and being snarky, all while doing piddly shit, then i guess i can take it until i come up with something better to do.

yes, i do have faboooooooo tickets to see the police. yes, i am gloating here. yes, i also have tickets to the VIP party before the show. yes, you hate me like a bitch right now. yes, i'm going to keep on nailing it in ever after i go to the show. wheeeee!!!

no, i will not have another eddie izzard experience. should i bring flash cards for myself just in case i start going all drooly with confusion from getting to attend this event? d'oh! just had another reliving of the infamous eddie izzard meeting in my head. "i just wanted to say... something stupid, apparently." yeesh, now it's on a loop. AARRGGGHH!!!

and since we're on famous people right now... sidney poitier does the grocery shopping in his house. that's what he told oprah, and oprah told mary, and mary called me and told me. is that the coolest or what? just try to imagine our dear old sidney picking out a honeydew. go ahead. do the voice and everything. thump the melon. squeeze the melon. yep yep i heart my sidney.

dizzy woke me up this morning by stepping on my trachea. this was a feat, because i sleep on my belly with my head turned to the side. she somehow managed to make biscuits in just the right spot to cut off the air and wake me up in suffocation. she was so totally diqualified from winning the cute award today.


what you must look up on youtube:
alanis my humps (eee!)

3 comments:

lizgwiz said...

The show is going fine, thank you. One more round at Heller this weekend, and we're off to Louisiana the next week. We'll do our best not to embarrass Oklahoma. ;)

I'm not jealous of your Police tickets. At all. (Read: I am VERY jealous of Police tickets. Bitch.)

Speaking of Eddie Izzard, have you been watching The Riches?

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

Upon looking at my calendar, it seems nigh impossible to make the trip at that time. I have classes, and catering gigs, and other things that aren't even work. Mind you, I rarely have alot of catering gigs, it just seems that they happen when I want to go to NC to visit my old friends. WAAAHHH!!!

georgeious said...

liz, are you as disturbed by his crazy "i don't know where i'm supposed to be from" accent in the riches as much as i am?

and i want to hear ALL ABOUT the trip to louisiana. good thing you're going in the spring before the heat gets to be unbearable for a drive.

tanya, damnit! see what you can do, even if it's only for a day. we figured that by the time you spend money on gas it might be just as cheap to simply fly in for dinner. ya know, mary's a total nester now, so she can actually cook. more peer pressure to come...