26 December 2010

it's all scenic and shit like that

so the visit with my new england peeps is totally awesome. not that we've done all that much besides eating so far - because there is a fucking blizzard outside - but it's all picturesque and cute as a button here. after my drive in from the aiport on, like, three hours of sleep it seemed like that may have been some sort of hallucination, but it was really true. we took a cruise around the 'hoods today after brunch and it's so quaint i wanna throw up in my own mouth. which is good, i swear. this place looks vuurrry vuurrry purritttty tah-naaaight. (if you are catching this reference, then i love you... veronica. and mary. and rhiannon. and whomever else knows about that certain obsession.)

this is my first blizzard type thingy. tonight was also the first time i've had a hand in making fresh pasta for dinner - pun intended. did anyone die yet? all people and animals in the house are accounted for... as far as i know.

my, but i am heavy on the punctuation this evening, aren't i? have you ever noticed how much of it you're using and tried to restructure your sentences to have less, just because it seemed odd? see there, you're not alone... megan. and linsey. and mary again. and whomever else is as weird as my peeps.

but i digress once again, per my usual status. they're trying to convince me that i truly can maneuver in the kitchen by making me stir stuff and roll out pasta and take plates to the table. ya gotta love women that can try to believe in the girl who makes a literally lethal piece of chicken. got anyone you want taken out? invite them to my house for chicken and they'll be mere memory by the next day. then somehow this household wants me to cook, but has yet to ask me to make the coffee! i mean, really, have you met me?!? how bizarre it is that i finally had to take the task upon myself and just beeline for the pot while no one was around. talk about trying to be gracious hosts, huh? "lamb shanks and fancy crap? sure, you can do that! coffee? i know how much you love it, so let me do that for you." gotta love the humor in that irony. things that make you say quoi are the best.

so, we have the food festivals, the blizzard, the coffee... what else? oh yes, the video conferences that the pets can't help but have at least once per day. mr. bubbas is starting to hog the camera from derek. each time i see him, stuart copeland looks rightly pissed at me for leaving him with what he might view as tweedledee and tweedledum. damn, they'd better be bonding in that house. i was hoping for something more along the lines of the three amigos. perhaps by the time i get back they'll all be glued together on the sofa in a cuddly ball of fuzz. but that's only if derek grows a lot more hair, i think.


"what the fuck?" moment:
i am all kinds of ashy here. last time i checked, i am at some lowly sea level and it's snowing holy buckets outside. can i get some of that moisture, please?

2 comments:

Vee said...

I see your reference and I raise you "I'M A PEANUT!"

Unknown said...

loooookatmeeeeee! i'm a peanut!!! (honk honk)

oh yes, how even just the thought of her doing that makes me all warm in the cockles.

there is no raffle.