10 September 2009

another week in the fray

my latest nuwsed item that i love? a pink armless wingback chair from the local consignment store. stuart copeland seems to love it as well, so i've decided to share it with him.... as if i have a choice. he didn't like the day i put double-stick tape on the cushion. it was meant to train everyone to stay offa my damn chair! it worked until i took off the tape, at which point they all took turns resuming their "this is mine" posturing on the matching pillow. right now it's piled high with photo albums and postcards, but the second those things move it'll be a furry land run once again.

holly says my house looks very cozy after all this nesting. it puts me on the verge of being afraid i've become boring. then i take my pill and remember that i'm kind of a lunatic. that's reassuring in the oddest way. bawk bawk bawk!

i looked at my birthday calendar for september. in figuring out that there is someone marked on almost every single day, i deduced that the holiday season would produce some good lovin' and many babies later on for people. happy new year, eh?

the humidity here has turned my hair into a total grease ball. it never quite dries, it's always yucky, and i can't seem to keep it outta my face. my hairdresser promised he wouldn't cut it off while the thermometer reads over 60, because he knows i just get hot and sweaty. if i can only make it through a few more weeks, i should be good until springtime. looks like this is a job for pigtails.

and i'll prolly just shave it off in the spring anyway. it's my cycle of hair. too long and i cut it off. after missing my pigtails, i grow it out again unti i can't stand it anymore. do i still have a decent headshot to go with my short hair? i'll have to make nick take some more shots next time around. for now i might dye it a stoopid color, just because i can. hmmm, wonder what kind of backup colors i have in the bathroom cabinet.

our first rehearsal went great! perhaps we're sick people, but we were relieved to see that there is much more humor in this play than anticipated. if you can't laugh at the death penalty and exoneration, what can you laugh at, right? julie was in the next room last night and said she heard us periodically cackling with gusto. whee! excitement! this is going to be much more fun than i had even hoped before! i'm going with a different approach in structuring things - lines before blocking this time. the script is very organic (not to sound all hoity toity and shit) in nature, so i want to get the stories down in their heads before we move around. the bodies will follow, but i don't see any flailing in our future.

veronica would be proud of me. with eleven actors in the show, and many of them cast as several people, i made a color-coded map of who is on what page and what character they play each time. you just had to know that all those dozens of sharpies would come in handy for me. it looks like a road map to hell with pretty colors. maybe i'll give it to her as a late birthday present when we're all finished.


derek's revelation of the week:
he can set and control the tivo from his ipod. it's the little geeky things in life that truly make him happy.

5 comments:

lizgwiz said...

Okay, you know I HATE learning lines before blocking, but I will be a good little chicken and try it your way. :)

I do wish my brain was as young and supple as it used to be, though...back when I could learn an entire script in 4 days. Or even back when you insisted we memorize "On the Verge" in what seemed like a nanosecond. All those words! Thousands and thousands of words! (And yet...we did it, didn't we? Hmmm...)

vee said...

eeeeee! I am soo happy about the colored sharpies! today i thought about you as i used multi colored post its for a project.

Unknown said...

liz, it's just an alternate process and you'll be fine. you have waaaaay fewer of them to worry about this time. we won't have a lot of blocking anyway. it'll mostly come from YOU!

and you DID get all those lines early for the other show, in spite of my early off book requirements. you ladies had that shit, like, word for word in record time that way!

vee, i'll save you the map for sure. xoxoxo

lizgwiz said...

We had to have them word for word--who can paraphrase in Victorian English? Hee.

Vectrexer said...

Alrighty! When is the perforMANce happening?

I have to be there to heckle yo. Oh just kidding! (about the heckling). You know I love you and would never do anything that would give you reason to use a cat as a weapon.