12 July 2006

random side notes - chapter four

it's quite possible that zhen, mary, derek, and nick are ALL addicted to youtube. is this like that time on star trek when they forced wesley and ashley judd to play "the game" and turn into junkies like the rest of the crew? i'm afraid to ask what level of youtube they're all on by now. can i be ashley judd in this one?

i started (yet another) new job yesterday. i am so sucking tired right now because i went to work at 7 am today. what the fuck was i thinking? much more exhaustion like this and mary's going to win the betting pool. maybe i'll win. maybe i'll just drop dead and lay there for the next few months.

the betting pool is on how long it'll take me to quit my new job. get in now while there's still time! i'll be granting a special prize to the winner, or whomever can get the closest to the right amount of time. this way the job can be like a game, and there's always a winner. submit all guesses to this post and i'll come up with sumfin' gooooood fer ya.

my favorite episode of dirty jobs: chicken sexer.

ooooooooohhhhh la la! tonight is the new project runway! with all apologies to the east coast posse, i'm gonna watch the shit outta that show. did i mention i've also been watching hell's kitchen. just so everyone knows... i am totally ashamed of myself for my television habits.

no i'm not. not really. okay maybe just a little.

nahhhh.

englebert humperdinck. slap von waller.

if you're not following, then you need your dose of eddie izzard and you can get back to me later. you also need to look up the word random and forgive me for going on tangents. tangents are so cool. how like the nature of water they are, yes? tangential, i am, yes... said yoda.

there's a woman in my training class that's even dumber than the workbaby, if you can believe that one. she is NOT, however, my supervisor, so i can quint at her as much as i like with no retaliation. then again, didn't the supreme court decide that i could complain at work without getting mine for it now? hmmmm, but i think that's only if i'm actually willing to file suit. beh, too much effort. i'll just keep on squinting for now. grrr.

do all sagittarians have a hard time making friends or is it just me? oh sure. we can all talk to people in a shallow way. then we get bored and start shoving the offspring from zhen's garden up our noses in an attempt to knock ourselves out. our real hobby is rolling our eyes at people and shaking our heads in disgust. it's like a quasi-cardio. mmmmm, gimme them beans, zhen!


skulls unlimited, a business in oklahoma city, is a company that cleans skulls and/or skeletons for a living. really. like bison and shit, and the maggots and insects eat all the meat. i'm not fucking with you here. weird. (still watching dirty jobs on my dvr while i veg out and wait for tim gunn on bravo.) television can be educational. thanks to nick and bacon we've started recording "how it's made" for more nerdy stuff, but i swear we DO do more than watch edu-tv. really, we've got lives!

mountain dew looks contaminated. the color of mountain dew is the taste of tapwater in helLA. how derek can drink that shit is beyond me. he must be trying to build a protective coating in his throat against the local pollution.

julie was probably right when she said that this is just a different phase in my creative life. as of late i've been enjoying more solitary artistic pursuits. having a break from being fabulous out in front of people is giving me a whole new appreciation for my other side.

there is (what i see as) an homage to avocados and an article on uglydolls in giant robot. a pretty cool magazine. check it ouuuuuuut.

my latest reads besides the bevy of trash i bought with bacon include the witches, why do men have nipples?, and the ever-awesome idiot girls' xmas. i just got a new book in the mail called revenge of the paste eaters. let's hope i don't quit my literary bender just because i'm not on the train anymore. i'm thinking of riding the train all day this weekend just to have a nice spot to read. it's nice to get to work in eight minutes, but the train is super happy fun time. hmph.

speaking of super happy fun, we made scott play katamari last week! if you don't know the katamari theme song, you should, damnit. if you know the katamari theme song, you're already humming it, aren't you? hehehehe...i heart the japanese.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Unfortunately, I occasionally have to turn away from YouTube to find the clips I want. For instance, I was in the mood for The Dan Band earlier, but all the clips on YouTube suck & I had to feed the need elsewhere.

http://www.thedanband.com/eclipsetv.swf

I can quit any time I want. Really.

And yes, I *was* humming the Katamari theme song. You're psycho! I mean psychic! Psychic!

Zhenia said...

1. Offspring were meant for eating, not for shoving up your nose. Just because you live in Suckifornia, doesn't mean you get to go all weird and dippy.

2. I'm just a YouTube middle man. People tell me about videos and then I share them.

3. Project Runway's already starting?!???! Eeeeee! Oh, wait, it'll be at least a month before they start running it in Candy-da.

4. Here's the theme song to Snakes on a Plane.

Anonymous said...

wow, nick and i have turned you over to the dork side! welcome, my friend, to the dork forest. i am merely your guide; nick is your king, derek the crown prince (hee hee)

i blew through the trash we bought together. it's like i can't make myself put it down. i get irritable when i can't a fix of some new stuff. i even broke down once and bought people. but then you get those sucky human interest stories. call me callous but i don't care about the toils and troubles of mere mortals. give me more about MK and lindsay!!! in the words of mary, i can stop anytime i want.

Anonymous said...

oops. excuse the typo in that comment. i just woke up from a nap i swear! i meant "when i can't GET a fix" not a poorly spelled "when i can't affix"

georgeious said...

bacon, only you can really understand how MK and lindsay rock my world. you are my inspiration for trash=crack, you know.

zhen, you're too damn funny with your snakes on a plane. check out kayne on PR when it starts there.

mary, la laaaaaaa la la la la laaaa la laaaaaaaa, la katamari damacy.