02 June 2010

food! glorious food!

derek just made me steak for my late supper - WOOHOOOOO!!! not just any steak, mind you, but some mighty tasty bacon-wrapped filet mignon. does this boy love me or what? it's amazing what secrets the freezer can hold in an attempt to make people stop going out to eat all the time. hey, i figured that since restaurants are my wallet's achilles heel, i should just splurge on the fridge to help me save money in the long run. thanks to derek's cooking skills and my late rehearsals in prep for this weekend's show, it is paying off in nummy nummy ways.

speaking of food, kris is having a blast with audrey in the kitchen, and i'm also having fun reading all about it. it would seem that i can also save money by having them cook for me when they come to town again. since a two year old girl can cook more dishes than i can, may as well take advantage of the situation. do you think audrey will give me some handy tips?

ryan came over monday night to dork out. our usual routine as of late is to eat chili and have me laugh while she plays video games with derek. just to change it up, we finished all the thank you notes for her graduation with my secret stash of cards and stickers. in exchange, she took me and derek out for a mountain of chinese food that lasted me until lunchtime today. then we came back to the house and gorged our tiny brains on many episodes of daria. it's nice to have a friend who can throw down like a show down with you when it comes to eating meat and veggies.

if only holly had been with us that night! instead, she texted me yesterday with an intense sushi craving. unfortunately, i had to get to the theatre in time and all the favorite places we tried didn't open up until at least five. we had to settle for some nicely smoked salmon and cucumbers at cosmo. i tried to make up for the disappointment by ordering some of their faboo italian nachos and the two of us scraped the plate until no cheese was left in sight.

uhhh, did i mention that i like to eat?

in an effort to keep some real f-u-d in my gullet, we've instituted the healthy snack bucket on the kitchen counter. it's filled with clif bars, dried fruit thingies, oranges and the like. you know how they say out of sight, out of mind? the first bit of nosh i see when i come into the kitchen is a pile of things that are okey dokey for nibblies. good habits abound in the food station. i blame megan and sparrowe for this one. they turned me into that person that doesn't keep total crap in the house anymore... without me even realizing the transformation had happened! yikes!

thank goodness there is a quiktrip on every corner. when the junk food monster claws at my back, i can always go grab a stick of food from the hot rolly wheels. mmmmm, taquito. hey, i have managed to keep my post-lent vow on really limiting my intake of sodie pop, and i can only be so good at this whole healthy food thing. every girl needs a vice or two. or however many it is that i have these days. i lost count again. who cares? i'd rather be kinda fat. maybe i should write a book with that title. bet it would sell a bajillion copies out of commiseration alone, don't you think? then i can jaunt from place to place on my massive book tour all over the country, toting books down the street and running all over the place to stay healthy. your copy will have a personalized signature with a funny comment, i promise. just don't ask what i ate that day.


i'm curious:
anyone wanna go see the wnba team with me? no, i don't hate all sports, contrary to popular belief. it's just the cultish effect with certain sports that leaves me cold.

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

Do you have lesbian friends? My lesbian friends are all excited about the WNBA.

My verification word is lizerc. Hee!

Unknown said...

ironically enough, it was a lesbian friend in seattle who took me to my first storm game there. we had a faboo time. the fans at wnba games are really fun!