20 June 2010

summer slug

okay, so my last post was a total slack, but i have to admit that i was in a hurry and still wanted to get something out there. it was more like a reminder to myself that i need to communicate with the world. hence, i've been getting out there and doing stuff.

holly might think that i'm always going about 400 miles an hour, but in truth i am a socially awkward slug who likes to sleep just as much as she does. the only reason i cultivate my inability to say no is to keep me from staying holed up all the time. if i have a reason to leave the house, i'll actually get out of bed. if there's nothing to do, then it's a toss-up. moving towards my desk isn't that hard, but putting on real clothes and getting out there is more difficult, especially in the summer months. with all this air-conditioning at my disposal in here, why should i venture into the humidity? having my pantsies stick to my butt and my fat folds get all moist isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

like for instance, last night i had real plans to go to an art thingy. the next thing i knew, i was dusting wildly and cooking surplus meals for the week. my plans for a hip saturday night turned into "things i should get done" and fabulous excuses not to sweat any more for the day. at least i did have holly over for a while yesterday after auditions. see? i took on another project to make me socialize. it's only a ten minute play, but that's all i can handle during summer camp. after messaging a few people to see what they were doing last night, i started rooting around the house and ended up getting my 1950's on for the evening. and yes, i did put on some lipstick to add to the total effect. who can cook and clean without a stitch of makeup on to make them feel pretty? i mean, really.

today i plan to bask in... nothing much. just this week julie asked me where i got all my energy to take on new projects here and there with such little notice. this must be the place, julie. my whole schedule so far? get up. put hair in ponytail. make coffee. goof off. drink coffee. take medication. make waffles. goof off some more. peruse internet. listen to christina aguilera. twitter for no reason. drink more coffee. stare at cats. stare at derek. write in blog. hey there! it sounds like i've really gotten something done today! i'm sure i could add a few more teensy things to my list to bulk it up, like had to pee, or put away waffle ingredients. there is my exciting life. oh, and i just poured the last of the coffee.


what christina says:
thanks for makin' me a fighter

No comments: