20 October 2009

holy shit! moment of the week

MARY IS HERE! EEEE!!!

so derek wanted to borrow my car to "run some errands" today. i had rearranged my schedule at the last minute for something and didn't get to attend class today, almost spoiling his plans. he asked me to come with him so he could drop me off at my destination later. well, of course i'm completely gullible when it comes to surprises and didn't even catch on when we pulled into the airport parking lot.

"what are doing here?"
oh, nick asked me to pick up a package for him this afternoon."
"oh, okay. whatever."

duh. i'm the goofball who was rearranging my scarf into different configurations and practicing my posture... when mary pops into view out of nowhere! i screamed and let out an "EEE!" at the baggage claim. she's here a whole week! she's sitting here in my living room at this very moment! we can have a super fun girl party slumber party at holly's house this weekend when veronica rolls into town. wowee, am i a lucky ducky girl or what?!? tankoo berry mucho, derek. sometimes it's great to be the last to know.


why we suck:
derek and mary are watching some marketplace thing on the tivo about turkey contracts or some stupid shit like that. they are rapt with attention. i think i have to pee.

3 comments:

derek said...

ahem...

it was a discussion of the origins and uses of derivatives done in such a way that even you could understand it!

Think Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate in "Trading Places"... They were trading futures contracts - a type of derivative... of course you would know that if you had watched it with us!

vee said...

George I am with you on this one...I would have changed the channel and been guilty of watching reruns of sex and the city or golden girls.

Vectrexer said...

just sneeking in a happy t-day to ya!

down in the happiest place on earth for the week.

-c