12 December 2008

random side notes - chapter nineteen

this morning i went to see "milk" when i was out running around town. wow. can i even tell you more than just wow and do it justice? all i can say is that it's a total recommend from me. i had to pull over on the drive home because i was still so emotional from the film; this, a story to which i already knew several of the details beforehand. let's just say this: it was disconcertingly human.

feng shui attack at my house! so far this week we've made a little headway in both the bathroom and bedroom closets. i'm going to take in the clothing this week, and i've already gone by the vet's office to take them my old linens and towels. we've already been selling and giving away our media on a pretty consistent basis this year. my kitchen is emptying of all its extras. if only i can get a handle on the paper/office/whatnot supplies and all the bizarre randomness (why do i have so many finger puppets? oh yeah, i love toys!) that invades my house, i'll be well on my way to reclaiming every bit of space i've got to make neater piles.

went to another audition. still didn't get a part. ho hum. maybe the timing is just off for me right now. something will surely come up and it'll be great. in the meantime i can always have some free evenings and entertain myself otherwise.

only a few more days until mary and tim get here - WOOT! we can't wait for them to visit and just hang out with us and the cats. mary makes me feel so utterly normal. when i'm around her, it's like i'm an amplified version of myself without having to feel strange about it. just like kris, she's seen me at my absolute best and worst; we've been through the best and worst with each other. getting two best friends in your life is honestly shocking.

since my birthday fell on a holiday weekend, we waited until this past sunday to have my birthday party. now that i'm old enough to be president, we all dressed in flag colors and had streamers all over julie's house. barbara even coordinated the towels in the bathroom to be red, white, and blue for me. liz was made my official cheese czar, thanks to a special dish that had us all picking bits off the bottom of the dish with our fingertips by night's end. i asked for everyone to give something back to the community through donations (the probable cause of my feng shui attack) instead of giving me gifts, thereby discovering that i have very civic-minded friends in my circle. big ups to my peeps.

i look really cute in knee socks and little skirts.

we're into week four of my new pill, as well as week two at full strength. things seem to be going better than expected so far. i can still cry - even sob with gusto - as evidenced at the movie. my irrational moments are still intense and can spiral without warning. i'm sleeping about as regularly as before, though my energy level can go up and down sometimes. i seem to chew a lot of gum and make a few more funny noises than i did before, but to less of an extent than was happening at first. my posture is quite good.

do i trust it yet? not really, but i'm "the other shoe" kind of a girl. one might even diagnose me with other shoe syndrome. still holding my breath... if only because i'm not used to having a bad day without it being a warning sign that i'm going completely fucking mental. surprisingly, i didn't even lose my shit at work today. we'll see.

derek made me lemon pepper chicken! with broccoli! and smoked cheese! my diet before this meal today included cereal, popcorn, applesauce on hobnobs, and coffee. what would i do without him to take pity on me at dinnertime?

more exciting news: my fly is nearly on the way. i bought a lovely piece of art from zhenia to add to my fledgling collection. i've been coveting this fly for some time now and can't wait to get it in my grubby hands. the more hundred bucks or less items i pick up in my travels, the better my walls have begun to look. it's made me crazy for albums and frames as of late. linsey thinks i'm a picture frame addict now. between all the postcards we get and the photos i've been receiving from people, it's really starting to look like we live here. jeez, it only took a year for that to happen.


albums i heart this week:
ingrid michaelson - be ok
black kids - partie traumatic
jens lekman - night falls over kortedala (EEE!)

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

I need to be invited to another party so I have an excuse to make that cheese thing again. Otherwise, I fear I'm going to make it at home and EAT THE WHOLE THING IN ONE SITTING. And that would be wrong, right?

georgeious said...

oh you silly goose, don't forget that book club is coming up! we would definitely save you from yourself, i promise. i'll have to see if ladonna has any more of that pumpkin spread that was so faboo.

'tis the season to be dairy.