21 June 2007

i might pee

under the cover of night we are about to head off to the airport to pick up our weary travellers. hmmm, wonder if andy brought them a kit-kat while they were stopped over in the san jose airport. they'll be here any minute now, any second, any millsecond. eee!

today at work we were talking about tron. the people i work with come in a wide variety of ages, and so i posed the infamouse paula question: "who is older... you or tron?" it's one of those things that created a chasm of cultural divide. being on the older-than-tron side of things (which is from 1983, in case you were wondering) also led me to remember other things that i am older than in pop culture.

hair mousse
hypercolor shirts
squiggy

yes, the list could go on forever, especially from a kitsch queen such as myself. or is that liz? she ALWAYS seems to recall the random tidbits about who was what was oh my god holy shit really in what was going on. next time we're together, i'll have to challenge her and rhiannon to a useless fact marathon. fuck jeopardy. i want to enter the world series of pop culture with those two on my team. it's only fair that one day all this trivia should pay off for us.


the next phrase you should google:
99 words for boobs

5 comments:

lizgwiz said...

We would be a trivia force to be reckoned with, for sure. ;)

that weird chick said...

see, I question if someone is older than MTV. Conversely, if they remember MTV when it played music videos.

gilded raspberry said...

OMG HYPERCOLOR SHIRTS!! I'd forgotten all about those. I always wanted one but we were too poor. Bren would be another good one to have on your useless pop culture trivia team...he knows all kinds of crap.

(and yes, I'm older than Tron.)

Unknown said...

that was wierd - trying to post and accidentally posted some text from my blog. anyhow thanks for the postie - tentatively planning portland in october so of course we have to detour for a day trip up your way. I just have to convince hubby....he likes me so he'll agree if I beg.
oh - and I'm older than mtv and tron but at least I'm younger than woody woodpecker. I am as old as man on the moon. how is that?

georgeious said...

i see we're all older than tron around here.

merin - the hypercolor always wore out, so you weren't really missing out on anything.

gen - eee! i haven't seen you in AGES. this would be rockin' like dokken, baby.

tanya - how i miss music on mtv.

liz - can we play trivial pursuit with bren and rhiannon and merin next time i'm in town? please please can we?