13 March 2007

i am this many now

while i was reading liz's blog, it occurred to me that i've been fidgeting with this thing for a whole year now. how on earth did that happen? guess i missed my "happy one year blogiversary!" whoops. oh well.

since one of my special talents is going out and ordering food, i organized another girl-fud night this week with some random chicks i know. it's a vain attempt to rekindle my feeling of being a social connector; has the added bonus of involving dinner. there is a little vietnamese place just down the street from our house that we're going to meet up at and pig out like teenage boys. what? never seen chicks going out for food without the guys around? we EAT like there is no tomorrow and yap yap yap for hours. not being a big drinker (and really not liking bars that much), this is fine with me. it counts as actual socializing.

everything else feels... in flux. life is not exactly full of change, but firm footing isn't the theme of the day. it's just kinda wobbly and full of waiting. i'll let you know later how the wobble is coming along as i figure it out myself. as the animaniacs might say, "wheel of morality, turn turn turn...."


this week's very disappointing film:
fast food nation
(i had really wanted to see it, damnit, and then it blew!)

5 comments:

lizgwiz said...

A stomachful of Vietnamese food can truly cure most ails. Yum.

Mary said...

Happy blogiversary!

I eat just as much around the guys as I do around the girls. Does that make me weird?

georgeious said...

liz, soooo right. but i can say that about most "ethnic" food. gimme some ingredients and a distinct spice: voila! me happy.

mary, turns out that all the girls at girl-fud night can throw down with the best of them at dinner. guess we just attract the types who enjoy a good meal.

Unknown said...

I think I eats as much around my boy - but then I eat more expensive items on girl nights becuase its a lot more affordable when you only have one meal of seared tuna and creme brule' instead of two sorry sweetie but it's true.

georgeious said...

gen, you make a good point there. i DO tend to order up some snazzier food when i go out with just the girls! guess it's for the same reasons. and let's not forget that my tastes tend to run on the rich side. never mind that derek is a picky eater so we can hardly ever share. :)