27 September 2006

moving day is coming

today is the day we pick up the truck.

i'm starting to get some odd butterflies in my tummy this week. they're still milder than the ones that appeared before the move out here, but just hovering there to remind me that a big day is approaching quickly.

there is one other thing that's making me twitchy today. this morning when i woke up, it occurred to me how self-absorbed i've been over the past few months. whine whine whine, me me me, blah blah blah. such an irritatingly icky quality has been heartily cultivated by our new social environment (i.e. oh it's just a suckifornia thing, like buying organic celery) and i'm not pleased with it. ironically, it takes self examination to realize that you're self-absorbed, a thought that makes me shudder in itself. ack! vicious cycle!

what i am hoping to rediscover with this move:
people don't completely suck all the time
there is a world beyond my own complaining
it's okay to get out of the house
learning new things is not awful
being scared can motivate you if you let it
wallowing takes lots of energy
i suck sometimes, but that's okay
sunlight is good for you


ugh, realization is gooey. all this schmaltz is making me want to barf. i'd better go back to getting something done around the house so we can load up and i can get wacky with the wood oil soap. and the bubble wrap... oh, that bubble wrap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move. Let me know when you get there safely. Yeah, bubble wrap!

Anonymous said...

(Or should that be Yay!?)