20 August 2009

while talking to mary on the phone...

since i'm so lazy, i considered starting a twitter account that i could update from my phone. then i remembered that i'm also kind of boring and crazy. no one needs a twitter update that i'm sitting around playing with my toes and making animal noises. (yes, i still do that! it's a soothing thing for me.) for now you'll just have to imagine the slightly amped-up things i do with my spare time.

derek and cameron and me have decided that the past tense verb for twitter is now twat. as in, "i twat about myself today." it sounds funnier that way.

so..... what else? i started school again last week. this is my final year before the inevitable getting of the bachelors' degree. so far i have no papers due, less reading than i thought, and long drives filled with george's car karaoke and npr podcasts. my professors seem to understand my overdeveloped sense of humor in a way that lets me get away with comparing international political theory to 80's teen movies. "heathers" is a great metaphor for terrorism, don't you know. que sera sera, i say. speaking of which, i still have to take a frikkin' spanish class for the degree. can i just say now that i really don't like spanish? it beats studying cherokee, but it still blows. (don't ask.) at least i can get it over with in a short-term class and be done with it. as of may i will officially be smart.

my summer job has ended and my new job hunt has begun. i could go back to the old place, but it's not actually an appealing prospect. i'm trying to live on student loans and random cash until i find something new just to avoid getting stuck back in the same rut of drama. if you know of a cool thing i could do in the mornings for money lemme know. another xmas season in the bowels of hell just might break me.

this week i'm concentrating on getting my homework done and helping plan the big theatre party. i painted benches and stuff like a karate kid last weekend until i thought my hand would fall off. my auditions are coming up soon (hey liz!) for the play in october. i'm turning into a turbo-nerd filled with factoids about the death penalty and socio-political crap, as poor linsey found out during lunch yesterday. if i can just get a good turnout and cast people who are all more talented than me, that should take the pressure off of my directing. i like being able to turn people loose and then gently guide them into moving around the stage while speaking up in a louder voice.


my greatest joys of the week:
a new video on cat yodeling! eee!
my pigtails
a "go to hell" notepad

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

Cat yodeling? I might be speechless.

Ooh...my verification word is "squings." Me likey!

georgeious said...

squings?!

EEEEEEEEE!!!