03 October 2008

the drama of it all

once again, we have started rehearsals. both scott and myself were convinced that it would be like ripping the band-aid off a blister. he's been out of town, i've been out of town - life has been distracting. nevertheless, we read through my half of the show last night (scott is directing the other half - wonder twins, activate!) and i can actually see it more clearly now. it no longer feels like a train wreck... yet. that part doesn't come for a couple more weeks.

so if you're coming to town next month, be sure to stop by the nightingale and see TWO! fabulous one act pieces by ionesco all in a single evening. wowee! there. that was my shameless self promotion for the day. i'll remind you later on when we get closer to opening. you're waiting on the edge of your stools, aren't you?

as for shameless promotion of others, go check out the theatre link to tacta and the black box blog. get out of the house, people. there is life beyond the mall. or the bar. go do some shit where you can interact with people. end of lecture.

besides that, my political side is on crack. i'm sitting around waiting for the results of the house bailout vote. if it goes over, can i just say that i'm not paying my debts anymore because i'm waiting for a bailout to be my saviour? we can call it the "i'm waiting for my real parents to come and get me" whine of my financial life.

i also watched the vice presidential debate last night. as expected, maegan called me from la and we went off together on a few things. let it suffice to say that i HATE it when people say the word nuke-you-lerr. not that i was keeping count (at least six) of the times i heard it by a certain person within the first half of the debate. and yes, alaska is a "large state" in total land area, but really... come on. come. on. sofia coppola! (my favorite swear words lately. hey, i can say it at work without having to say motherfucker when i stub my finger. it makes me behave. try it sometime with someone you think has no talent. i bet it'll make you feel better.) and i just couldn't stop thinking about tina fey. sorry. i'm totally susceptible to dorky pop culture. overall, the debate seemed to wash over me without changing many of the things i think about on a daily basis. but then again, my brain can be a highway to a truck stop where you meet large marge along the way. i'm a voter.


my latest mission at work:
to make a certain person quit, because she's a cunt

2 comments:

Vectrexer said...

Nu-Q-Lir! Is that better?

georgeious said...

excuse me while i hurl.

if i were kind, one could put the final count at ten times total. i am not kind... it was eleven.